>> Thursday, December 27, 2007
**There are some audio skips and distortions on this edition of the video...not sure why. I apologize.**
This will be my last post for several days. I am heading out of town to visit with family and friends, and I will be back in the saddle here at News 14 Wednesday, January 2. So, I don't anticipate any blog posts until then.
But, some bullet points for ya this evening....
- Rain develops in Friday and lingers into Friday night and Saturday morning
- More rain spreads in Sunday
- BIG plunge of arctic air arrives Tuesday into Wednesday. This will feature the coldest temps so far this season, and I think much of the Piedmont might not make it above freezing Wednesday afternoon, depending on downsloping winds. We should also be well down into the teens Thursday morning with the mountains in the single digits
- The mountains should see significant upslope snows out of this next week
- The cold only sticks around for a few days....much milder air returns by the weekend of January 5