Thursday Evening Bullet-Points...

>> Thursday, December 13, 2007

  • Another record-breaking day today....77 in Charlotte and 73 in the Triad.
  • Weekend system still looks like rain for much of the Carolinas outside of the mountains. I will say though that the NAM is very impressive with the cold air damming (CAD) and actually continues to indicate the chance for some freezing rain in the foothills and into parts of the Triad region. I think that model is still trying to get a handle on this system, but it is something I am keeping in the back of my head.
  • Sunday will be very windy. Highs will be in the 40s in many Piedmont locations, and I bet we have some wind gusts to 40 or 50mph.
  • I am still trying to get a good idea of snow accumulations up in the mountains. There will be some snow, I just don't know how much yet. I provide some weather content for SkiNC and SkiSoutheast, but I am not ready to pull the trigger on snow totals yet. Still a lot of variables in play with this system.
  • Much of next week will be chilly. Look for low to mid 20s Monday and Tuesday morning. I wouldn't be shocked if there were a couple of teens Tuesday morning.
  • The period from December 20 through December 25 looks active. One storm system will move through around next Friday with another one around Christmas Eve or Christmas Day. There will be some cold air around the eastern U.S., so we shall see.....

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP