2:45pm Thursday...

>> Thursday, December 20, 2007

I am putting together the afternoon forecast package as we speak, but I wanted to put up a quick post.

Modeling continues to be all over the place with the handling of the Christmas into Wednesday storm system. In short, I think the 12z GFS is horribly mishandling the shortwaves...probably keying on the wrong shortwave, in fact. I think the European has the right general ideas with this system, but you just simply can't take any specifics to heart in this type of pattern in that time frame.

The latest Canadian model has come in and is siding more with the European ideas.

In short, if you are hoping for some sort of wintry weather in the Carolinas Christmas or Christmas night, hope is still alive. Many things have to line up perfectly for us to see some snow, as you all know. What I am saying is at this point, I think we still have a chance that that occurs, but how big a chance, I don't know yet.

I will compose a video and post it later this evening. Keep checking back!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP