Wrapping up the week....

>> Friday, February 09, 2007

I tell you....that is some dry air out there. At times, I feel like I am wearing static electricity as an extra layer of clothing.

The weekend will be dry and somewhat chilly....temps still below average for this time of year.

I am still trying to get a good handle on the Monday-Tuesday storm system. As expected with a southern stream storm system at this time range, the models are continuing to really struggle with the details of this system. And, those details will probably not become more clear until later Sunday.

But, I really get the feeling it is going to be difficult for this to be a big winter weather producer for much of North Carolina. It is really looking like a case where the colder air arrives a little too late for a big winter hit around here. However, with that said, I do think there is the chance the the Piedmont sees a period of freezing rain or snow before the precip ends late Tuesday. Whether or not that will occur, and if it does occur, how long it will last are impossible question to answer right now.

But I will continue to offer up this word of caution....nothing will be even close to certain until the disturbance gets in the North American grid late in the weekend. So, I still wouldn't ignore this system at all....I really am keeping all options at least somewhat open until I get a better feeling about things....

The Thursday-Friday system is getting crushed by the northern branch on almost all modelling right now. But, I am in no way ready to write that one off yet.....how that potential system behaves will depend greatly on how the Monday-Tuesday system evolves.....

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP