Thursday Evening Comments...

>> Thursday, February 08, 2007

Some couple of evening notes...

  • Cold tonight with lows well down into the 20s.
  • Weak system sliding to our south tomorrow. A little wintry precip possible in northern Alabama, northern Georgia, and parts of South Carolina. The precip will stay south of North Carolina....only clouds for us.
  • Weekend is dry and chilly.
Regarding our system around next Tuesday, as I told Jeff Crum earlier this afternoon...I have the towel in my hand, but I just can't bring myself to throw it in yet in terms of wintry weather potential for the Carolinas. Almost all model data is indicating only rain for the Piedmont of NC, and that is probably the most likely scenario. But, I will not completely buy into that idea yet...still too much uncertainty on the table and wiggle room. So, the potential is at least somewhat still there, and I will continue to evaulate it with time. While I have rain in my formal forecast today for Tuesday, I still have some uncertainty in my mind.

I still like the chances of a system rolling through here next Thursday. The 0z and 6z GFS brought snow to the Carolinas, the 12z and 18z have suppressed it too far to the south to bring us precip. And, the GFS continues to be gung-ho with a big system rolling through somewhere between the 18th and 20th. So, snow lovers...don't give up!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP