Game Over???

>> Thursday, February 08, 2007

Quick post here before I pick up my daughter from pre-school and head in to work....

The last 24 hours of models runs have been disasterous for snow lovers in NC. Does that mean game over for Tuesday's system?

I would say the prospects of a big winter storm in the Carolinas are a little lower than it looked 36 hours ago, but I would not throw the towel in on this one yet. The models are destined to waffle back and forth some more over the coming days...that is the nature of the beast.

So, I am not as excited about this one as I was 36 hours ago, but again....it is not time to write this one off yet. By the way, if the latest runs of the GFS are correct, Virginians will be measuring the snow in feet Tuesday!

The GFS is also picking up on a potential second system around next Thursday. Time will tell...

Also, some modelling is picking back up the idea of some precip over SC late tomorrow....this is the same system that was talked about earlier this week....

Those are the items on the table...will get a better look of things when I get in to work....

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP