Checking in....

>> Sunday, August 20, 2006

Sunday afternoon. I don't have many of these off. In fact, I bet I can count on one hand the number of Sunday's I have had off over the past 4 years or so. It seems like the entire country designates Sunday afternoon as "nap time"....

I have had no chance to review weather data over the past few days. I am out of town...had the honor of being in the wedding of one of my closest friends in the world this weekend. Brought back a lot of memories of my wedding...seems like so long ago now.

So, I will simply defer you to the going forecasts from the other talented News 14 Carolina meteorologists this time....not much I can add. Although, I did glance at today's 12z GFS, and if it verifies, this week will be an unsettled one around the Carolinas. It depicts a cold front hanging up nearby, meaning the chance for some passing showers and storms most of the work week.

Also, at least for the time being, the GFS has ceased developing a major hurricane near the eastern US early in September. We will keep watching though....

On another note, I am incredibly ready for football season. This is the time of year where I look at about every piece of information that I can in anticipation of college, NFL, and fantasy football. The Panters continue to look strong....glad to see that. Also, my Mississippi State Bulldogs are having a good camp, and I really do think this is the season we turn things around. Opening game against South Carolina is a week from Thursday!

So, those are the things roaming around my mind this Sunday afternoon. Who knows....I might just give in to the nationally-designated practice of Sunday afternoon "nap time."

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP