Quick 3pm Update....

>> Thursday, February 21, 2008

My blinders are on...I am really focusing on the Triad market...that is my o-air responsibility tonight. I refer you over to Jeff Crum's blog...he is handling the Charlotte market.

Temperatures and dewpoint have responded about how I expected this afternoon. If the Triad can realize some heavier precip, then the temperature should wet bulb down to 32 or lower for a good chunk of the area.

However, the thing that has been bugging me about this forecast is REALLY bugging me now. That is that heavier precip might remain south of the Triad. If that is the case, then evaporative cooling would not be able to carry temps below freezing.

This is beginning to have the stench of an event that produces light rain at 34 degrees.

For the time being, I will continue to mention the chance of some freezing rain tonight into tomorrow morning for the Triad and points north and west. Some ice accumulation would be possible on elevated surfaces. However, to me, this just doesn't look like a big event at all.

But as you well know, things can change quickly with systems like this. So, I will be watching the radar and temperature trends very carefully this evening.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP