Quick Sunday Evening Post...

>> Sunday, February 11, 2007

This is my Friday, and after a long week of "chasing" a winter storm on top of my regular work schedule, and I am about mentally fatigued. I love winter weather, and I love tracking possible winter storms on the horizon, but this one has left me worn down....it seems the modelling for this system has had a constant array of twists and surprises. I am about ready to give my brain a break for a bit.

But, I am sure I will be commenting here at times over the next couple of days, and I will be back in the saddle here at work Wednesday morning.

As for the Tuesday system, the model struggles continue with this system, but it is about time to put the models down and simply watch the upper air charts and the satellite and radar imagery. For the Piedmont of NC, look for rain to arrive Tuesday, and probably be at its heaviest Tuesday afternoon and evening. There is some chance the cold air could sneak in here quick enough for a brief period of light freezing rain Tuesday night, but I am skeptical about those prospects. This really looks like all rain for most of the region.

There is still very little model support for a system Thursday-Friday that is far enough north to give NC any precip, so I have about given up on those chances. However, the GFS and the European model are both picking up on a strong clipper system moving through here next weekend. That will be interesting to watch over the next several days. Usually, it is tough for us to get any heavy precip from clippers, but we will watch it.

1 comments:

Anonymous 12:10 AM  

I noticed a "chance of snow" with a question mark beside it for next Saturday night. Perhaps you shouldn't put it up there yet, seems like every time so far this winter if it's been in the forecast that far out it's been jinxed. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see some snow, but it's getting toward the middle of Feb. and our chance to see snow this winter grows less and less each passing day. Anyway, thanks for doing such a good job at keeping all of us winter weather lovers informed.

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP