Thursday Musings...

>> Thursday, February 15, 2007

Clipper system swing through this weekend. It continues to look very moisture-starved, and I doubt we will be able to squeeze out much more than flurries in the Piedmont. However, up in the mountains, accumulating snows look likely Saturday through Saturday night. Cold weather continues with much below average temps lasting though Monday. Temps modify as next week unfolds, and our next rain chance arrives Wednesday.

I don't know how many of you watch "Friday Night Lights," but if you aren't watching it, you probably should be. I have been watching this show since the first episode, and it is truly a treat each and every week. The human elements at play in this show are incredible and have a completely 'real' feel to them...something you don't find too much in many modern TV dramas.

Last night's episode was a truly great hour of television. So real and dynamic...mixing drama with some light-hearted moments. If you are avoiding watching the show because you think it is just a football show, you are mistaken. By the way, I believe nbc.com has some past episodes online, so you can kind of catch up if you want to.

As long as we are talking TV, my wife and I are huge fans of '24', 'Lost', 'ER', and I thoroughly enjoy all of the NBC Thursday night comedies. Good stuff indeed... But, those are ramblings for another time....

On another random note, I decided to take the task of giving our two dogs a bath under my belt today. I decided the best procedure to follow for this was to take one dog at a time into our shower and bathe them there. We have a 40lb mut and a 20lb mut, and each present their own bath-time challenges. But, after a tiring 30 minutes, I am glad to say the East family dogs are fresh and clean.

How's that for some randomness in a blog posting!

2 comments:

Anonymous 1:31 AM  

I myself own 4 Shih Tzu. . my dogs don’t weight any where nere 80lbs. like both of your dogs .But one thing I can say about my dogs that don't like to take a shower .How ever with that said I am 100% sure that if that the dog could talk the dog would say thank you very much for making me clean again

Matthew East 8:01 PM  

Yeah, it is funny. Both of our dogs were looking at me with a look of appreciation in their eyes, but it is like it is their canine obligation to oppose getting a bath.

And, I love Shih Tzus...got a great one as a kid....named Suzy. Suzy stayed home when I went away for college. Unfortunately, she just passed away last week....17 years old. Great dog.

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP