>> Friday, September 08, 2006

Second day in a row I am in the early morning shift. I never can go to bed early....my body just is not programmed that way. So, when I am doing these early morning shifts, I am lucky to get in bed by 11:00 or 11:30. Then the alarm clock goes off at 2:20am....ouch. However, I always lie down in the afternoons and take a nice nap with the kids on days like today, and that will certainly be happening this afternoon. Last night, even though I was tired, I had to stay up and watch the end of the Dolphins-Steelers game...unfortunately, I fell asleep on the late in the 4th quarter. Oh well....

Today, we could see a few passing showers from time to time, but I am not optimistic about any substantial rains falling around the area. The weekend will be a bit warmer with mainly mid 80s for highs.

Interesting pattern early next work week. Cold air damming, or a wedge, is showing up very clearly on most modeling for Monday into Tuesday. Here is the 6z GFS surface depiction for 8pm Monday evening...



That wedge will likely keep our highs in the 70s Monday and Tuesday, and if the GFS is correct, look for occasional light rain or drizzle Monday as well.

Cold front will move through mid-week, and I am mentioning good chances for showers and storms Wednesday and Wednesday night.

Florence...
The satellite appearance of Florence is improved this morning, but so far the winds have not responded. That is likely due to the size of the system. Florence is a huge system in diameter, and it takes large systems longer to "spin up" than it does smaller systems.

Florence should become a hurricane tomorrow, and it looks almost certain that it will make that turn to the north and miss the US east coast. However, it is looking more and more likely that Florence will have a big impact on Bermuda by Monday.

Everyone have a great weekend. Enjoy all of the football. College football is in full swing, and the NFL regular season is now underway. Can you tell I love football???

1 comments:

Tarheelhombre 3:21 PM  

I love September. It's like once the calendar turns from August to September, the dew points fall, the nights get crisp to cool, no more heat waves, and the cool air wedge makes an appearance. Indeed meteorological fall is here.

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP