2am Wednesday...

>> Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I am now in the Captain's chair for the Charlotte market. Could not sleep at all....toss, turn, toss, turn, repeat....literally no sleep. I don't think my wife was faring much better. I know the kids kept being quite restless....probably all just because of the rainy, blustery night. But that's OK...hopefully an extra cup of coffee or two will do the trick.

I know Jeff definitely put in a LONG day yesterday....I know that bed will feel extra-comfy to him this morning.

Looks like the back edge of the current batch of heavy rain and embedded storms will slowly work through the area from west to east. Just starting the forecasting process now, so more later.

Quick note on Gustav....I would anticipate oil prices to start to rise again and lots of folks get jittery of the system's eventual track. Don't know how much, but I expect a significant rise of crude oil prices....hopefully I am wrong.

2 comments:

Goldenrod 3:12 AM  

Doesn't sound like you're getting much more sleep than I am, Matthew, but for VERY different reasons. You're getting some rain now from the Fay remnants, right? Took her long enough to get there! What a weird storm!!

I'm a little nervous about Gustav, and perhaps for good reason.

Unfortunately, I think you're right about the coming rise in oil prices. Just the slightest little thing will 'tip' the marketplace one direction or the other, it seems. Not that Gustav will be a 'little thing' ... no, I am very much afeared that he will turn out to be a BIG thing! :(

I'll be watching.

Matthew East 3:57 AM  

Yeah, rain and storms from former Fay. Very strange storm....glad to get the rain though.

Yeah, I would keep a wary eye on Gustav....this could be a biggie.

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP