Tiring Week

>> Sunday, March 11, 2007

This work week for me has been one that has seen me and my family battle a stomach virus. I was quite ill Thursday, better Friday, then I have been fairly bad again this weekend (biggest problems this weekend have been a crushing headache and absolutely NO desire to eat anything....and then the weakness that enevitably comes from eating 1 meal in 2 days). So, I am ready for a couple of off days!

A couple of quick stories here...

First, my mom somehow completely missed the time change this morning. She lives out of town....hadn't watched any local TV or radio, and didn't realize there was a problem until she arrived at her destination this morning....an hour late! I told her I was impressed that she managed to not only miss the time change, but miss it until 10am!

Also, I am sitting in church with my wife this morning. The congregation is standing, singing a song. I glance down at the pew in front of me and notice a Bible with someone's name etched on the bottom of it. Nothing strange, but it caught my eye, and I decided to read the name. Granted, I am standing, and it is on the pew in the row in front of me, so I am having to strain a bit to make it out. I just can't read what the last name says, so I nudge my wife and ask her. Then she laughs and says, "Um, it says Bonded Leather." Wow. We had a good laugh about that.

Everyone have a great week!

5 comments:

Anonymous 9:23 PM  

Congrats to your Bulldogs on getting a 1 seed in te NIT. It may not be an NCAA bid, but it's a good bid none-the-less.

Matthew East 11:09 AM  

Yeah. It is obviously a little disappointing to fall 1 game short of the NCAA Tourney, but I am certainly pleased to get a 1 seed for the NIT. It is nice to get the respect of that committee.

Anonymous 7:58 PM  

Matthew as you enjoy your off days maybe you and your family can all get well.

A note about your mom....

Maybe, just maybe she was caught up staying on top of some things on the Alabama homefront that the ole' "spring forward" just passed her by...... especially since she didn't have time to read a newspaper or catch local news or listen to Rick & Bubba on the radio Friday ... hmmmm

anyhow... I will, er..ah..YOUR MOM will, delight in always giving you these little chuckles to lighten your days...

Bob Child 5:23 AM  

Good thing the words "Virgin Vinyl" weren't stamped on the bible instead! Thanks for the laugh!

Matthew East 11:39 AM  

Bob...ha ha....indeed.

To mom....er, the anonymous poster speaking about my mom, I am sure excuses are aplenty, I just found it amusing that you could make it that long without knowing of the time change. Keep the day-brightening stories coming!

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP