Frustrating Times...

>> Sunday, December 17, 2006

As a meteorologist, with the type of personality I have, it is very frustrating when I cannot get a handle on something having to do with the weather. I left work last night with a very unsatisfied feeling. For those of you that love the weather and have a passion for forecasting it, you likely understand what I am talking about. I understand that only God knows what will happen in the future, but normally, I at least have a good idea about the general forecast ideas for the next 2-3 weeks. Last night, I left work feeling fairly clueless outside of a change back to more seasonal temps by Wednesday.

But today, I feel I am getting a little better handle on where we are headed for the rest of the month. Here are some of the ideas I have as of now...

  1. The change back to December-like temps will occur, on schedule, by Wednesday.
  2. I still like the general forecast idea of seasonal temps (generally 50s for highs and 30s for lows) at least through Christmas, beginning Wednesday.
  3. The pattern is looking very unsettled beginning later Thursday and lasting until at least a couple of days after Christmas....meaning at least a couple of storm systems should roll through our area.
  4. The first system should move through Friday. We could see some wedging occur as this system moves in, but temps should be too warm for anything wintry.
  5. Another storm system will likely move through between December 25th and December 27th. Most models are in agreement with some sort of system rolling through around that time. However, trying to forecast a track for that second storm system is fruitless at this juncture. I bet we will see the models flip-flop several times on the eventual track of that storm system over the next 5-7 days.
  6. I still think the month finishes out without any further significantly above-average temps.
So, there ya have it. Today is my 'Friday'....my weekend is about to begin. So, I will try to post from time to time Monday and/or Tuesday. However, with these being my last off days before Christmas, there is a lot to be done in the East household.

Everyone have a great week, and I will post more when time allows....

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP