Quiet today....unsettled pattern ahead...

>> Thursday, January 19, 2012

Here is today's edition of the video....give it a look.



Cold start out there with many lows in the 20s in the piedmont and foothills....

Highs today will head into the upper 40s and lower 50s under a partly sunny sky across the region. Lows tonight will mainly be in the 20s.

Our next precipitation-producing storm system will approach late tomorrow through Saturday. A little light rain is possible late tomorrow afternoon, but most of the showers with that next system will occur tomorrow night through Saturday.

Behind that system, I have gone all-in on a cold air damming scenario for Sunday. If that's correct, look for clouds, drizzle at times, and highs struggling to make it into the low and mid 40s in the normal CAD areas.

Active pattern continues next week....

Another system will move through Monday with some showers and milder temps.

We get a brief break with mainly dry weather Tuesday and Wednesday before our next system moves in around Thursday.

Long range...

I am still not ready to commit to anything, but I continue to evaluate the possibility of a pattern chance as we head into early February.

2 comments:

Anonymous 1:24 PM  

I really hope this winter doesn't turn out to be a complete dud!

I actually have a question for you Matthew, I am moving to the Washington DC area and was wondering as far as severe weather goes who is more prone tornadoes, straight line winds, downbursts, large hail and lightning. The Charlotte area or the DC area? Any info would be great! I love storms and hope I get my fair share up there! Thanks for all you do! God Bless!

Matthew East 4:39 AM  

Without pulling up any maps or statistics, I would definitely say that the Charlotte region is more prone to severe weather than DC. Now, that region certainly does get severe weather too, I just think it's more common in the Carolinas.

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP