Some rain heading in

>> Tuesday, April 20, 2010



Clouds will gradually thicken today with the approach of our next storm system. Highs today will be fairly close to 70.

Some rain was across parts of the Tennessee Valley early this morning, and that rain will continue to east our way today. Some sections could see some light rain by late this afternoon, but the bulk of the rain will occur tonight into tomorrow morning.

We are not talking about a huge rain event, but I will think a quarter inch or so is possible in some spots.

The rain will exit tomorrow morning, then Thursday and Friday are looking primarily dry before our next system rolls in this weekend. There is still a lot of uncertainty with the specifics of this weekend's system....so for the time being, I will mention a chance of some showers and storms both weekend days.

2 comments:

Anonymous 1:10 AM  

Hey Matthew, I live in Atlanta, but I like to follow meteorologist with in the region. Plus I have family up there, You do an awesome job by the way. Anyway I wanted to get your opinion on the possible severe weather this weekend for my neck of the woods. Things seem to be looking pretty volatile for us. Not that I mind as I like severe weather. Anyway any thoughts would be appreciated!! Have a great night and morning!!

Matthew East 5:31 AM  

Thanks for you kind words!

I think severe weather will wind up being a problem for portions of the region as the weekend unfolds. The timing is still a question mark, but I would say anytime from Saturday afternoon through Sunday is fair game. All modes of severe weather have to be mentioned at this point. Stay tuned!

Thanks for reading!

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP