Saturday Evening

>> Saturday, June 28, 2008

Storms have fired in the mountains this afternoon, but so far, the activity has mostly fallen apart here in the Piedmont. I suspect we have a layer of warmer air aloft in place today, making the overall setup a little less favorable for storms than recent afternoons. You could notice it while looking up at the cumulus clouds this afternoon...they just didn't explode upward into the atmosphere as quickly and efficiently as they have Thursday and Friday.

With that said, I still think some showers and storms will be with us this evening, and some could linger through the night. I just think the overall coverage and intensity will be less than the past couple of days. Good news for my kids...they are attending two separate birthday parties this afternoon...both of which are outside. I am not sure when the point was that my 5 year old got a busier social calender that me....

The weather tomorrow still looks active, especially from later in the afternoon through the evening. I expect a healthy round of showers and storms to push through, and with some weak dynamics aloft coming into play, quite a few storms tomorrow afternoon and evening could be severe.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP