Slowly coming back....

>> Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Well, I went down pretty hard with the flu late Friday, and I was down and out for the past four days. I am slowly recovering, and so is my wife. The kids all seem fine now. I am back at work today, but minus about 2/3rds of my normal vocal range.

Nice mountain snows continuing today, and we have even seen some passing flurries here in the Piedmont. Cold through tomorrow with highs in the 40s today and tomorrow. Lows tonight will be in the lower 20s to even upper teens in some spots.

A weak system could bring a shower later Friday or Friday night, but then the weekend will be dry with highs back in the 50s.

Another storm system will move through Monday into Tuesday. The GFS continues to flirt with the idea of something wintry involved with that system somewhere in the Carolinas. We will see. I am really just climbing back into the world today....

3 comments:

Anonymous 12:54 PM  

You did sound horrible with the forecast I saw at noon today!

We had a pretty heavy snow squall come through right at 8:15 as I was headed into working. I was told by a co-worker from Cherryville that the snow coated roofs and the ground at his house.

Anonymous 3:10 PM  

Glad you are feeling better, plenty of tea/honey, your voice will be back soon.

Keep up your good work !!

Matthew East 4:54 PM  

Queencity....Yeah....it is tough to make it through a weathercast without coughing....

Yeah, I saw some flakes flying out of the window here at the station around 9:30 yesterday morning. Nice to see....

And, Jeff brought me over some green tea with a little ginseng in there...for the moment, I am feeling a bit better....

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP