Life with a Potty Training Two Year-Old

>> Thursday, February 22, 2007

As I have mentioned before, I have 3 daughters, and our middle daughter, Grace, is potty training. Let me give a quick disclaimer...this story has a certain "gross factor" ...you have been warned.

Those of you who have been through potty training kids know that potty training really comes in stages. Well, Grace has gotten the daytime 'weeing' potty training down now....rarely ever has an accident. However, she is still working on getting the 'shooing' part of potty training down. We think her biggest problem is simply recognizing what the need to 'shoo' feels like.

At any rate, the other night, we were all in the living room and we noticed Grace going into her look of concentration that often times immediately precedes 'shoo.' She did not have any bottoms on because it was the time when we were about to put her bedtime diaper on. So, quickly my wife scoops her up and begins to run to the bathroom. As soon as she scoopes her up, we both see that the 'deed' is already in progress, and the only real option at this point is to continue to quickly try to get her to the potty. I remain in the living room with our oldest daughter. I see my wife round the corner, Grace in arms, and then I hear a loud THUMP and a grotesque-sounding scream.

So, quickly around the corner I go, and what do I find??? Let me tell you, this is not a sight you see every day, nor is it one I really want to see again. I see the scene and immediately can tell what has happened. The 'deed' I previously mentioned came free en route to the bathroom. It happened to fall right in front of my wife. She then promptly stepped on it, slipped down, and fell. To her credit, she managed to gently set Grace down as she tumbled to the floor. But there she was, streaks of 'shoo' all over the floor, covering my wife's foot, and smelling like a bed of roses.

So, what was my reaction to all of this? Like any good father (as soon as I realize everyone is OK), I reach over and grab the video camera to document this moment for the ages. My wife loved that...let me tell you. But it was a moment too good to pass up.

So, I thought I would share this little ditty with you.....

2 comments:

Mike 2:47 PM  

There is never a dull moment when dealing with potty training problems!

Glad you can still laugh and get the camera for those exciting moments!

http://pottytrainingsite.blogspot.com

Andy 4:31 PM  

Oh CLASSIC! I'm sure your dw will appreciate it more in 20 years...when the smell has finally and truly left her pervue. :D

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP