Quick 11pm Comment

>> Wednesday, January 17, 2007

First of all, thank you to all of you who are reading my blog. By far, today has had my highest number of hits since I have been tracking it, and I sincerely thank you for reading.

Now, a quick comment on the winter weather. Pay no attention to the movement of the precip moving through Georgia in SC. You might think "oh well, that stuff is moving east and not north up our way." But, that precip really has nothing to do with what should develop into our area late tonight. Once the low pressure near the SC coast gets cranking later, that should get the necessary mechanisms going to spread the precip northward into our area.

For the Charlotte region, I still think somewhere between 4am and 7am is when the precip will start.

Checking temps and dewpoints, most of the Charlotte region is in the mid 30s with dps in the low to mid teens. Most of the Triad region is in the lower 30s with dps in the lower teens. In other words, almost all wet bulb temps are in the 20s, and it should remain that way until precip onset. So, all in all, I have no changes to the forecast ideas I have going.

Obviously, a busy day tomorrow. I will be on air for the midday shift for Charlotte tomorrow. Matt Morano will handle the morning shift, and Jeff Crum will handle the evening shift. Up in the Triad, Bob Child will handle the morning shift, Tara Lane will handle the midday shift, and Monte Montello will handle the evening shift. You can turn it to News 14 Carolina all day tomorrow for live weather and news hits. We will be with you as long as the storm is.

Time for a bit of sleep now. Everyone have a good night, and for all of you winter weather fans, I hope this is an enjoyable little event for you.

1 comments:

Anonymous 11:14 PM  

Yep, very enjoyable. I can't wait to see how fun this weekend will be.

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP