Potential weekend system....

>> Friday, December 17, 2010

Here is today's edition of the Carolina Weather Video. . .



Through about 9am or so, icy roads will remain a possibility, generally along and north of the I-40 corridor. This is from the re-freezing of water on the roads from yesterday's wintry precip.

Highs will top out in the 40s today with a partly sunny sky.

Weekend system...

After the trend with the 12z models yesterday was toward a stronger, more amplified system, the trend with most of the 0z and 6z data was toward a weaker, slower-phasing system, and therefore, a more easterly track.

You can see the map below I am going with on the air this morning. As it stands now, I think the best opportunity in NC of seeing snow is roughly between I-85 and I-95....with the best chances being around the Triangle up into eastern VA.

Now this is still subject to change as we are still 24-36 hours out, but this is how I see it as of now. If the system were to phase more quickly, then places west of I-85 could get into the action. However, that has not been the trend on the modeling over the last 12 hours.



Christmas week....

We stay on the chilly side of things next week. We will not be as cold overall as this week, but temps will remain below average.

A clipper will move through mid-week, and then another will arrive around Christmas. We will see what the precip chances are as we get into next week.

5 comments:

Anonymous 6:13 AM  

Any chance for Western Iredell County?
Thanks

Anonymous 6:33 AM  

Thanks Matthew. Would love to see a little snow stick. Curious, what software package do you use for your videos? They are very nicely done.

Jennie 7:04 AM  

Great video as always Matthew!

Matthew East 7:27 AM  

There is a chance, but my thinking goes along with the map in the post as of now.

Thanks! I use a program called Camtasia Studio.

Thanks Jennie!

jtomlinwx 8:22 AM  

Hey Matthew I just started up a blog and was wondering if you'd take a look and see if you had any pointers or advice. Thanks
Sorry if I've already asked you. I know I asked Jeff, but I don't think I asked you yet.
Here's the link...
http://northcarolinianweather.blogspot.com/

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP