Great day today...unsettled weekend weather....

>> Thursday, April 22, 2010



Today's weather will be enjoyable around the region with lots of sunshine and highs in the 70s. Should be a great day to spend some time outside.

A warm front will approach our area from the southwest tomorrow, and along with that will come a pretty good amount of clouds. Also, as we get into the afternoon hours, a few showers look possible with highs in the 70s.

Lots of uncertainty still exists with the specifics of this weekend's forecast. I expect a pretty significant severe weather outbreak over the Lower Mississippi Valley and Tennessee Valley Saturday, and by late Saturday afternoon or evening, we will likely see some of those showers and storms move into the Carolinas. While the biggest severe weather potential looks to remain to our west, a few strong to severe storms are certainly possible.

Cooler temperatures aloft will move overhead Sunday while highs warm through the 70s. Those factors will combine to produce the opportunity for scattered showers and storms as Sunday unfolds.

Slightly cooler and quiet weather will arrive as we roll through next work week.

3 comments:

Anonymous 2:25 PM  

Hey Matthew I just saw your Twitter update. Was wondering if the Atlanta area is going to be included also. I wish we had you down here in Atlanta. Anyway, I was hoping to do some beginners storm chasing and wanted to know if I just stay put in Atlanta if I would be ok. And do you by any chance of the helicity values for my the Atlanta area. Thanks for all you do!!

Susanna 9:35 PM  

Hey Matt, I know it's not winter now, but I still check your blog for my weather updates! Most informative, educational, and just awesome forecast out there. Thanks!

Matthew East 6:56 AM  

Chasing is always a tricky proposition in the Southeast due to a number of reasons. However, if you are looking for severe weather, I am in agreement with the Day 2 SPC outlook.

Susanna....thanks for your kind words, and I appreciate you checking in!

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP