Thursday Evening...

>> Thursday, February 28, 2008

Just when you think you are recovering from this flu, it comes back and smacks you in the face. Last night, my temp shot back up to 102, and I was as miserable then as I was over the weekend. I struggled through this morning, but I have been trying to slowly recover today. I tell you...this thing is nasty.

I wanted to put up a quick post about our Monday night / Tuesday system. To say that system is complex is an understatement. We are dealing with a closed 500mb low, closed 850mb low, and a rapidly deepening surface low, becoming occluded. With that type of set-up, someone is going to get dumped on with snow.

As it stands with the modeling this evening, the highest potential for accumulating snow looks to stay from the mountains westward....just some wrap-around stuff here. But, we will see how this system trends.

Something else I need to mention is that this system has the potential to produce a big severe weather event in the Deep South and possibly up into portions of the Carolinas. Very dynamic system....

4 comments:

Anonymous 8:41 PM  

Hope you and the family feel better soon Matthew....Jim N

Anonymous 9:09 PM  

Yeah, I hear you Matthew, I had the flu last week, and let me tell you, it is not fun at all. I'm glad you are starting to feel a little better. The flu usually takes a while (up to a week, week and a half to completely overcome the symptoms. Anywho, Hopefully we'll get a dumping of snow next week, and cold air and moisture is not a problem, unlike last time.

Anonymous 3:17 PM  

i dont know about the flu but ive got some type of virus that has all the symptoms of the flu and it has put me down the past several days. hope you feel better soon

Matthew East 4:49 PM  

Thanks Jim....on the way back now hopefully....

Thanks for your kind words. Flu is definitely no fun. It has been probably four years since I have been that sick.

Seems like lots of people are sick right now. That time of year I suppose....

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP