Friday Evening...

>> Friday, February 29, 2008

Happy to report that I think I am finally really on the way back from this flu bug. It has been a fight that has lasted over a week, but I can feel myself coming out of it a bit now. Hopefully, no more surprise flare-ups waiting in the wings....

The upcoming weekend will be fantastic. Highs in many spots will be in the 60s both days with lots of sunshine.

I will probably be cutting a new Ski Video for SkiNC and SkiSoutheast late tonight, and the weather and the conditions should be fantastic to hit the slopes. The ski conditions are looking really nice after all of the natural snow and manmade snow this week.

I am still working on the details of our Tuesday system. It still looks just as dynamic as I mentioned yesterday. The potential is there for a good soaking rain for much of the region. The potential is also there for some severe weather in the Carolinas Tuesday. And, while a few wrap-around flakes will be possible, it looks like the upper air low will track a bit too far westward for the Piedmont of North Carolina to see much in the way of accumulating snow. However, like I mentioned yesterday, someone will get a dumping of snow out of this. That somewhere could be Nashville or St. Louis or somewhere in the Appalachians.

And yes, I have seen the GFS spitting out some snow for us next Friday. The possibility looks interesting, but the European has a different solution. Also, any details with that system will be difficult to resolve until the big Tuesday system wraps itself up.

Everyone enjoy the weekend!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP