Throwing in the towel....

>> Saturday, February 10, 2007

Let me say this up front....there is still time for some changes, but it would take a dramatic shift in modelling over the next 24 hours to make me change my statements below. And while that is certainly possible, I don't think it is likely. So, with that said.......

I feel it is time to throw in the towel for folks in the Carolinas hoping for ice and snow Tuesday. If you are a snow fan, the trend has not been your friend today with each run of most modelling getting warmer and farther north with the system. After a little excitement with last night's 0z GFS, it has been all downhill from there today.

So, my gut feeling tells me this one is over for the Piedmont of the Carolinas if you are looking for a winter storm. While it is still possible we could see a little snow or ice on the back end of this system Tuesday night, that is even looking less likely right now.

Now, the upper level feature responsible for the storm will not get on the North American observation grid until tomorrow. Due to that, there are still a few doubts lingering in the back of my mind. However, to me, the prospects of a big winter storm in the Carolinas from this system now seem so low that I am throwing in the proverbial towel.

I will keep watching all of the new data with great interest, and honestly, I will be hoping for some sort of drastic change that will bring the region wintry weather. However, it seems very unlikely at this point....

3 comments:

Anonymous 5:52 PM  

So if not tuesday .Could the The Thursday-Friday system is it still on ?and could it be a big winter storm for the charlotte?

Tim 2.0 9:51 AM  

Snow, sure... but why the heck would ANYONE wish for an ice storm?

Matthew East 8:47 PM  

I am not liking the chances of the Thursday-Friday system right now, but there is the chance for maybe a little something next weekend. Way too early to know with any certainty though.

Tim....yeah, ice just before another big shot of cold air would have been bad news. Power outages and arctic cold are a bad combination.

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP