Busy Weekend...

>> Sunday, August 06, 2006

Active storms fired around Mecklenburg county Saturday evening, and I wound up doing a pretty healthy amount of severe weather coverage last evening.

As I finished my live clock at 7pm, I made the call to continue doing all of the weather hits live through the 7:00pm hour due to some firing storms. An intense storm developed into Mecklenburg county around 7:20-7:30, and I made the decision to go with wall-to-wall coverage for a while beginning at 7:40pm. The National Weather Service, not us, issues Severe Thunderstorm Warnings, and there was still not a warning in effect for the area. However, I felt the storm was threatening enough to go with wall-to-wall coverage. About 5 minutes into the coverage, the NWS did issue a severe thunderstorm warning, and I was wall-to-wall until 8:45pm or so. I continued with live hits until 10pm and the storms diminished.

Today, there are some widely scattered showers and storms out there as of 3:30pm. We will continue to see some scattered storms through early evening, then things should die out. Any storms that do develop will barely move, so additional flash flooding problems are possible.

Let's hope for a little quieter evening today, shall we?

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP