Great weather today!

>> Friday, January 06, 2012

Here is today's edition of the video. I talk about our weekend weather, the major system next week, and plenty of long-term thoughts.



I love cold and snow as much as anybody, but boy, it's sure hard to beat the weather we will see today. Highs will warm into the 60s under full sunshine.....good stuff.

Tomorrow will again be mild, but clouds will be on the increase ahead of a cold front. That front will slip into SC by Sunday morning, and a cold air damming scenario will then unfold for Sunday and Monday. That will mean lots of clouds, cooler temps, and the chance of some showers at times.

It still looks like a powerhouse system will swing through around mid-week. There are still some timing differences, as you might expect, amongst the models, but at this point, I still favor the Tuesday night-Wednesday time period.

This system still looks to be a healthy rain-producer for many in the region.

This will be a cold core upper level low, and I suppose I can't completely rule out somebody in the Southeast as a whole seeing some wet snow flakes, but at this point, I still think that is pretty unlikely due to the overall mildness of the system.

In the longer term, I still see signs of the Arctic Oscillation heading into the negative territory, and there are indications from some modeling of a big ridge going up near Alaska. This still leads me to believe we are stepping toward a more favorable pattern for sustained cold and possible storminess for the second half of January. See the video for much more on this.....

2 comments:

DoubleJ 11:47 PM  

Can't believe we had a high the other day of 71. Insane for this time of year. I guess I've just gotten used to some cold winters, so this one so far has been a shock to the system.

Matthew East 4:41 AM  

Oh yeah....that was pretty crazy. Felt like a Spring day for sure.

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP