Thursday Evening....

>> Thursday, May 29, 2008

Sunshine did return as the day unfolded today, and temperatures were pretty pleasant. Meanwhile, a big severe weather outbreak looks likely over portions of the Plains states where the SPC has put up a 'high' risk of severe weather this evening.

However, beginning tomorrow, the weather around here looks very summer like with highs well up into the 80s, muggy conditions, and the chance of some afternoon showers and storms at times.

A greater chance of some showers and storms will drop in here Saturday afternoon and evening, and some of those storms could be strong to severe. The SPC has our area outlined in the 'slight' risk designation for Day 3 (Saturday).
And, as I mentioned in this space Sunday, there continue to be indications of some type of tropical activity on the horizon. This could possibly be from Tropical Storm Alma, currently in the eastern Pacific, crossing over central America, or at least part of its energy forming some type of system next week.

And, on a non-weather note, the final two hours of the Lost season finale air tonight. As I have mentioned before, my wife and I are HUGE Lost fans, and I feel like a kid on the night before Christmas. We try our best to remain completely spoiler-free, and so far, so good with tonight's episode.....can't wait!

1 comments:

Anonymous 1:44 AM  

Wife got me watching LOST this year.
Still more questions than answers.
Tonight's show was a 2 hour advertisement for "LOST - The Motion Picture" coming to a cinema near you.
Then "LOST - The Sequel", "LOST III", "LOST In Space", hey, haven't we already had that show?
I can see it now, a showdown between the Robinson's Robot and Jacob - my money is on Jacob...unless the Robinson's can enlist the help from "Q" of Star Trek fame....or the Borg.
Alas, I digress....where was I before I got LOST?
Oh yeah, tropical storminess - please bring your rain to N.C.
Cheers,
ANON

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP