Dry and comfy

>> Friday, October 12, 2007

The drought rages on, and we all need to do whatever we can to continue to conserve water. This is about as bad of a drought as has ever been recorded around here, and there is no relief in sight over the next week. Below are a few pictures of the stream bed behind my house. Notice something is missing....the stream!



If we aren't going to get the much-needed rainfall, we might as well have some great weather to enjoy. The weekend weather will be fantastic with afternoon highs in the 70s and morning lows well down into the 40s.

A weakening storm system will swing through here Tuesday and Wednesday, but the chances for substantial rain with that one look very small. There continue to be some indications that a major storm system will swing through here NEXT weekend (October 21 and 22), but details are sketchy at best in the time frame.

Fall colors are popping in the mountains, and the viewing weather will be excellent this weekend. With this current cold shot of weather in the mountains, the color should be really nice next week and next weekend. By the way, the summit of Grandfather Mountain has remained in the 30s all day today...second day in a row!

And finally, I am catching an early flight in the morning to head down to watch Mississippi State take on the Tennessee Volunteers in Starkville tomorrow afternoon. I will get a chance to see some good friends of mine and some family, and that will be fun. The down side is that I am traveling alone...the family will stay here. This is tough on Daddy.....I will miss them a bunch.

I doubt I will have an opportunity to post a blog post before next Wednesday. Until then, enjoy the weekend and the weather!

2 comments:

Anonymous 7:19 PM  

The streams by your house look like the streams by mine...That ain't cool...
Gosh....thats cool!!! I wish I could go down and watch a game!!! that's awesome!! HAVE FUN!!! and have a safe trip!!!!

Matthew East 8:22 PM  

Yep. should be a good time. And no, I miss my stream!

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP