Sunday Evening Thoughts

>> Saturday, September 01, 2007

First off, congrats to App. State. What a huge win...in my opinion, the biggest upset in college football history. Incredible. I had the audio pulled up here in the weather office, and I was really pulling for you guys to pull it out. That has ESPN Instant Classic written all over it.

In the tropics, recon is indicating here at 7pm that we now have a hurricane. I feel the NHC will probably upgrade Felix to a hurricane with the 8pm intermediate advisory. Felix will cross the Caribbean and likely make landfall on the Yucatan Peninsula as a major hurricane. That is terrible news for those folks after just dealing with Dean a couple of weeks ago.

Felix will then likely get in the Bay of Campeche about the time a weakness in the eastern US ridge is approaching the Plains and Southeast. That could make for some interesting possibilities for the Gulf coast, but it is way too soon for that. Stay tuned...

And, many folks saw some heavy showers this afternoon and this evening. Others simply enjoyed a cooler day with highs in the 80s. Our 32 consecutive day streak of 90 degrees or higher at the CLT airport finally came to an end today with a high of 84.

Man, I am glad college football is back. It is my favorite sport, and you can't beat it. My Bulldogs took it on the chin Thursday night. Defense looked good until they wore down, offensive line looked good, but our QB obviously had a terrible night with 6 INTs. However, believe it or not, I was encouraged by what I saw out of the defense and the O-line. Lots of season left, and I am still optimistic.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP