Whew...

>> Sunday, June 24, 2007

Very active and electric storms roared through the region Sunday evening. I started tracking storms during the 4pm hour, and I am still tracking them with you live at the 11pm hour. At this moment, another incredibly electic storm is moving across Gaston county with a severe thunderstorm warning in place.

Many thanks to Jeff Crum for coming in and driving the radar for me in our wall-to-wall coverage earlier in the evening. He was also crucial in the information-gathering process. Also, many thanks to Lee Ringer for greatly helping me out on the Traid side of News 14 Carolina this evening.

If time allows, I will post the storm report dats from this event. The things that stick out in my mind right now is the golf ball sized hail near the Northlake Mall and the absolutely incredible displays of lightning. I have not seen lightning like that in quite a while.

4 comments:

Anonymous 11:53 PM  

Thanks for keeping us update on where this severe Thunderstorm are moveing

Anonymous 9:56 AM  

great job last night!

Anonymous 4:52 PM  

An excellent job Matthew....thanks.

Jim

Matthew East 8:50 PM  

Thank you all for your kind words!

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP