March Madness

>> Saturday, March 10, 2007

Well, my Mississippi State Bulldogs took care of business against Kentucky in the SEC Tournament yesterday in one of the best college basketball games I have seen in a long time. I am very proud of the team....after letting a 14-point second half lead fall to the wayside, and ending up having three integral players foul out, State still found a way to win the game. Awesome. Credit to Kentucky....they are a talented team. But I couldn't be prouder of how my Bulldogs hung in there and pulled out the win.

I am tired of hearing all of the talk about how weak the SEC West is and how superior the SEC East is. Let's see, remaning in the SEC Tourney are MSU, Arkansas, Florida, and Ole Miss. If my math is correct, that is 3 SEC West teams a 1 SEC East team. Hmmm. Seems the West can compete after all. So, let's quit all of this trashing of the SEC West.

Today's SEC Tourney games feature 3 NCAA bubble teams...MSU, Arkansas, and Ole Miss. MSU and Arkansas will play each other, and Ole Mill will play Florida. And let's not forget that the SEC is the #1 RPI conference in the country. In my opinion, here it is...plain and simple. The winner of the MSU-Arkansas game should get an at-large bid into the NCAA tournament. And if Ole Miss beats Florida, then Ole Miss AND the MSU-Arkansas winner should both be assured of going to the Big Dance.

So, as a diehard Mississippi State fan, I will be pulling with all that I have for my Bulldogs to beat Arkansas today. And I hope that is enough (as, in my opinion, it should be) to get an at-large bid into the NCAAs. That would put MSU at 10 conference wins....which should be enough.

Can you tell I have sports on the brain this time of year???

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP