Good morning...

>> Friday, August 25, 2006

A couple of non-weather notes early this morning. A full post discussing TD 5 will be forthcoming later this morning.

First of all, congrats to Shawn Flynn on his engagement. In case you missed, he proposed to his girlfriend on live television. Here is the clip from last evening...

http://www.news14charlotte.com/content/local_news/?AC=&ArID=125691&SecID=2

Secondly, I listen to an odd combination of things on the radio when I am driving by myself. Of course, when I am with the kids, they are the boss of what we listen to. But, when I am left to my own devices, I am always listening to one of three things....sports talk radio, modern rock, or contemporary Christian.

Well, as I am driving in this morning, I am lstening to a nationally syndicated sports talk radio show. A man calls in and tells a story I found very interesting. Here is the brief synopsis...

The man's mother passes away. So, he and his brother are in the process of cleaning out their mother's attic. In going through the items from the attic, they come across a baseball with four signatures on it. The signatures were...

Josh Gibson
Babe Ruth
Satchel Paige
Lou Gehrig

Unbelievable. They had the signatures authenticated, and an inital offer they got for the ball was roughly a half a million dollars. They have not sold it as of yet.

I am not sure what the lesson to learn from this is. Maybe it is to clean out your attic. I don't know...

Anyway, I will have a full discussion on TD 5 posted later this morning....

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP